TOXC102: MACT General Background (formerly NACT 290)
February 2, 2023
Mohsen Nazemi and Bob Waterfall
AGENDA TOXC102 Agenda and also available in the EPA Airknowledge Learning Management System to registered students.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Planning, rulemaking, permit writers and inspection staff who may be involved with rule development, permitting or inspection of major sources of Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs) or who are dealing with source category or site-specific responses to emissions of toxic air pollutants.
After completion of this one day course, learners will be able to generally explain the Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT) standards. Topics addressed in this course include:
• History of air toxics regulation and programs
• Significant risk and accidental release prevention programs
• Clean Air Act Section 112 and MACT timelines
• MACT regulatory requirements
• Information resources associated with the MACT regulations
This course is designed to provide general background information on (1) various EPA toxic regulations/programs: MACTs, Residual Risk Program and Accidental Release Prevention Programs; (2) listing of toxic air contaminants and hazardous air pollutants, and of EPA’s toxic source categories; (3) pathways for EPA, state and local enforcement; and (4) lowering a source’s potential to emit (for MACT sources).
MAXIMUM ATTENDANCE AND WAITLIST INFORMATION
NOTE: These are ONLINE training courses. The maximum attendance for each course is 45 students in order to allow for instructors to fully engage students and manage Q&A sessions, ultimately making each course more interactive. MARAMA will work with your state agency Training Coordinators to confirm and prioritize attendance as necessary. If ENROLLED, you will receive a confirmation notice from the LMS system for EACH COURSE you are enrolled in.
Course Registration Deadline Date: January 20, 2023
This training series will be held via EPA’s AirKnowledge Learning Management System (LMS) and WebEx. There is NO registration fee for this training. Students will need to do the following in order to REGISTER FOR EACH COURSE INDIVIDUALLY on the LMS:
- Create a PROFILE in the EPA AirKnowledge LMS: If you have not already done so, please create an account in the new LMS here. Please reference the attached LMS Flier for instructions on how to set up your profile.
- REGISTRATION within the LMS: To do this, please follow these instructions (see attached student user guide for additional LMS and WebEx information):
· Log-in to your account and hover over the “My Training” tab on the home page.
· Select the third option under “My Training” entitled “Instructor Led Training Calendar.”
· Change the applicable month in 2023, if it is not already and scroll down to the course date and click on the course title.
· Register for the WAITLIST for EACH course by clicking on the blue REQUEST button.
· Once you have received confirmation of your enrollment in each course, please take the OPTIONAL PRE-TEST by following the instructions on the attached LMS and WebEx USER GUIDE. The deadline to take the pre-test is January 31, 2023 for the PERM 204 and TOXC102 course.
- TRAINING ACCESS: Instructions for accessing each training course will be forwarded to all registered students via an LMS generated email prior to the training.