Statistics for Quality Assurance of Monitoring Data
- Lesson #01: Know Your Data
- Lesson #02: Data Validation and Verification – The Process
- Lesson #03: Introduction to Statistics
- Lesson #04: Descriptive Statistics
- Lesson #05: Probability Models
- Lesson #06: Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Lesson #07: Regression Analysis
- Lesson #08: Precision and Bias
- Lesson #09: Comparing Means and Paired Samples
- Lesson #10: Process Control and Capability
- Lori Hyden’s Presentation
Course Objectives: AGENDA
- Be able to select appropriate statistical techniques and apply them to analyze air quality data.
- Understand what needs to be done to prepare data sets for analysis.
- Understand the relationship between data quality objectives, data verification, data validation, and quality assurance.
- Understand how and when EPA will assess and use your data.
Target Audience: Staff from MARAMA state and local air monitoring programs and EPA Region 3 who are responsible for Quality Assurance of air quality data.
Instructors: William Shuart, MS, has taught this course many times. He teaches Environmental Applications of Geographic Information Systems and other courses at Virginia Commonwealth University. EPA Region 3 staff will also present case studies and be available to interact with students to explain how and when EPA uses state/local air quality data.