2010 SIP Coordination Presentations
- Technical analysis in support of SIP development
- To provide opportunities for training, discussion, and coordination among air quality planners from the MARAMA region.
- To provide examples and guidance from other areas and from EPA.
- To provide an opportunity to discuss forthcoming guidance with EPA.
All files are available in .pdf format.
Estimating Emissions from On-Road Mobile Sources
- Overview of the Process (Arleen Shulman, PA)
- Using MOVES: Initial Approaches & Preliminary Results (Tom Ballou, VA)
Estimating Emissions from EGUs & Other Sources
- MACTEC’s Report on Analysis of CAMD Data (Susan Wierman, MARAMA)
- ERTAC’s Work on Forecasting Future EGU Emissions (Laura Crowder, WV & Doris McLeod, VA)
- Priorities for Future Emissions Inventory Work (Julie McDill, MARAMA)
Dealing with Uncertainty in Emissions Estimates
- Uncertainty in Emissions Estimates (Chris Frey, NC State)
- Perspectives from Global Change Modeling (Steven Smith, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory)
- North Carolina Experience (Mike Abraczinskas, NC)
- New York Experience (Rob Sliwinski, NY)
Air Quality Modeling Examples and Ideas
- Comparing Emissions & Observations (Russ Dickerson, University of MD College Park)
- Weight of Evidence Tools and Examples (Jay Turner, Washington University in St. Louis)
- Mid-West Results & Plans (Mike Koerber, LADCO)
- EPA Photochemical Modeling Guidance-Updates & Issues (Brian Timin, EPA OAQPS)
- Preliminary OTC Modeling Results in Support of SIPs (Michael Woodman, MD)
- Preliminary Screening Modeling by the OTC (Tad Aburn, MD)
Coordination & Linkages
- Air Issues & the Chesapeake Bay (Chuck Fox, EPA)
- Southern States Modeling & Inventory Plans (Fred Durham, WV)