PM CEMS Webinar – Part 2
MARAMA will be presenting a second session on PM CEMS on October 20th.
In this session we will provide a presentation on the revised 202 methodology and a third measurement technology: beta-gauge technologies. It will finish up with a state perspective on implementing these technologies.
During the first session on October 6th, the background on health and regulatory drivers and presentations on two measurement technologies,optical based and TEOM technologies, will be provided.
The latest issues and technologies available to monitoring particulate matter stack emissions. Particulate matter continuous emissions monitoring systems (PM CEMS) are commercially available and have been installed on sources in the Hazardous Waste Incineration, Rock Products, and Electricity Generating sectors.
This webinar will endeavor to discuss:
- The operation principles of the beta-gauge technology;
- Maintenance and operation requirements & costs and;
- Reliability and accuracy of collected emissions data overtime in the context of real world experience.
- The revised 202 methodology to measure condensable PM emissions.
- State perspectives in implementing PM2.5 CEMS technologies
Participants should be prepared for a robust questions and answers session with some of the leading PM CEMS technology suppliers. Our guest speakers will share their insights on how affected sources may comply and challenges they face implementing the ICI Boiler, Utility, and Cement National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollution (NESHAP) rules.
Draft Agenda & Handouts:
- Welcome & Introductions –
- Alice Lutrey/Julie McDill (MARAMA)
- Quick Overview of Technologies
- Julie McDill (MARAMA) – Handout
- EPA Presentations: PM10/PM2.5 Test Method
- Ron Myers (EPA) – Handout
- Beta-Gauge Technology
- Craig Clapsaddle (MSI) – Handout
- State Agency Presentations
- Q&A Session