PLAN252: Fugitive Dust (formerly NACT 252) Virtual Training
PLAN252: Fugitive Dust (formerly NACT 252)
January 31, 2023
Mohsen Nazemi and Bob Waterfall
AGENDA PLAN252 Agenda and also available in the EPA Airknowledge Learning Management System to registered students.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Planning and rulemaking staff who may be dealing with statewide or regional particulate matter rule development or attainment issues or who are developing responses to site-specific fugitive dust emissions. Also permit writers and inspectors dealing with operations that generate fugitive dust, such as construction activities, aggregate, concrete, cement, asphalt and mining operations and activities with vehicle traffic on unpaved surfaces.
After completion of this one-day course, learners will be able to understand how fugitive dust is determined and regulated and explain fugitive dust control in the context of the following topics:
• Health effects of particulate matter (PM10) pollution
• Fugitive dust sources
• Dust control measures
• Fugitive dust rules and regulations
• Dust control plans
• Visible dust emissions and test methods
This course presents a comprehensive overview of fugitive dust emissions and controls. The course includes the how, what, where and health impacts of particulate matter and the problem that fugitive dust presents. The course also discusses the rules and regulations that have been adopted by some agencies to control fugitive dust and the methods that are used to determine compliance with and/or violations of these regulations.
MAXIMUM ATTENDANCE AND WAITLIST INFORMATION
NOTE: These are ONLINE training courses. The maximum attendance for each course is 45 students in order to allow for instructors to fully engage students and manage Q&A sessions, ultimately making each course more interactive. MARAMA will work with your state agency Training Coordinators to confirm and prioritize attendance as necessary. If ENROLLED, you will receive a confirmation notice from the LMS system for EACH COURSE you are enrolled in.
Course Registration Deadline Date: January 20, 2023
This training series will be held via EPA’s AirKnowledge Learning Management System (LMS) and WebEx. There is NO registration fee for this training. Students will need to do the following in order to REGISTER FOR EACH COURSE INDIVIDUALLY on the LMS:
- Create a PROFILE in the EPA AirKnowledge LMS: If you have not already done so, please create an account in the new LMS here. Please reference the attached LMS Flier for instructions on how to set up your profile.
- REGISTRATION within the LMS: To do this, please follow these instructions (see attached student user guide for additional LMS and WebEx information):
· Log-in to your account and hover over the “My Training” tab on the home page.
· Select the third option under “My Training” entitled “Instructor Led Training Calendar.”
· Change the applicable month in 2023, if it is not already and scroll down to the course date and click on the course title.
· Register for the WAITLIST for EACH course by clicking on the blue REQUEST button.
· Once you have received confirmation of your enrollment in each course, please take the OPTIONAL PRE-TEST by following the instructions on the attached LMS and WebEx USER GUIDE. The deadline to take the pre-test is January 30, 2023 for the PLAN 252 course.
- TRAINING ACCESS: Instructions for accessing each training course will be forwarded to all registered students via an LMS generated email prior to the training.
If you have any questions, please email Sharon Ray (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jackie and Sue (email@example.com).