PERM202 Permitting Practices and Principles Training Course
|PERM202 Permitting Practices and Principles IN-PERSON Training|
|Course Length||Dates||Session Schedule|
|Course Length: 3-day||August 8-10, 2023||TBD|
|Maximum Attendance: 30 Registered Students|
Waitlist: MARAMA will work with your state agency Training Coordinators to confirm and prioritize attendance as necessary. You will receive a confirmation notice from the LMS system, once you have been ENROLLED in this course.
Registration Deadline: June 23, 2023
Agenda: Available Soon
LMS Links: LMS Registration | LMS Filer
Registration Questions: Sue Dilli and Jackie Burkhardt email@example.com or Sharon Ray (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Instructors: David Rochlin | Dr. Ted Guth
Location: DNREC, Wilmington, DE 19801
Who should attend: This training course (outlined below) is intended for new, entry-level as well as semi-experienced staff.
Course Description: This course provides hands-on training in the methods and procedures used to review permit applications and to prepare air quality permits. This course is designed for personnel of State and local agencies that have some experience in permit programs. The course is designed primarily for permit writers, but inspectors who must read and interpret permit conditions and make site inspections will benefit as well. Course material will address state and local permits, as well as Title V federal operating permits. Other topics covered will include Compliance Assurance Monitoring; Monitoring, Reporting, and Record-keeping requirements; and toxic air contaminant issues associated with permitting.
Learning Objectives: Those completing this course will gain an understanding of the following topic associated with permit writing:
- Review of permitting,
- Definition, Types, Authority, Process, Contents,
- State permits,
- SIP authorized state and local preconstruction review,
- Delegated federal programs,
- Title V,
- Public Involvement,
- New Source Performance Standards,
- National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, and
- Toxics Issues.
Maximum Attendance and Waitlist Information: (30 students)
NOTE: This is an IN-PERSON training course. The maximum attendance for this course is 30 students in order to allow for instructors to fully engage students and manage Q&A sessions, ultimately making each course more interactive. MARAMA will work with your state agency Training Coordinators to confirm and prioritize attendance as necessary. You will receive a confirmation notice from the new LMS system if you are ENROLLED in the course.
This training course will be held IN-PERSON and there is NO registration fee for this training for MARAMA agency staff members.
NOTE for EPA Staff: MARAMA agency staff have first priority for enrollment, but should space become available, EPA staff members can register. The cost for Federal employees is $32.00 per person.
For more information about hotel and per diem costs, reach out to MARAMA Training.
Registration Contact Information: Jackie Burkhardt or Sue Dilli (email@example.com) or Sharon Ray (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Course Registration Deadline Date: June 23, 2023 (There is currently a waitlist).
Students will need to do the following in order to REGISTER for the course in the LMS system:
- Create a USER PROFILE in the new LMS: If you have not already done so, please create an account in the new LMS here. Please reference the attached LMS Flier for instructions on how to set up your profile.
- REGISTRATION within the LMS: To do this, please follow these instructions:
- Log-in to your account and hover over the “My Training” tab on the home page.
- Select the third option under “My Training” entitled “Instructor Led Training Calendar.”
- Change the month to August of 2023, if it is not already and scroll down to the course date and click on the course title.
- Register for the course by clicking on the blue REQUEST button . If the course is full, you will be able to add yourself to the waitlist by clicking the blue button on the bottom right-hand corner which reads ADD TO WAITLIST. You should receive a confirmation message that you have been added to the waitlist. You will also receive an automated email once you have been confirmed and added to the roster.
- Once you have been enrolled in the course, please take the PRE-TEST (optional) within the LMS. We will communicate with all enrolled students once the test is on the LMS. The deadline to take the pre-test will be August 6, 2023.
- NOTE: Logistical details regarding this course will be provided approximately 1 week prior to the course.