|NACT 446 Inspection Procedures & Safety VIRTUAL Training|
|Course Length||Dates||Session Schedule|
|Course Length: 2-day||April 5-6, 2022||10 AM – 3 PM Eastern|
|Maximum Attendance: 45 Registered Students Per Course. There are 4-5 registration spots for each MARAMA agency.|
Waitlist: MARAMA will work with your state agency Training Coordinators to confirm and prioritize attendance as necessary. You will receive a confirmation notice from the LMS system, once you have been ENROLLED in this course.
Registration Deadline: March 25, 2022
Agenda: NACT 446 Agenda
LMS Links: LMS Registration | LMS Filer
Registration Questions: Sue Dilli and Jackie Burkhardt email@example.com
This 2-day training course focuses on the fundamental features of each of the key permit types required under the Clean Air Act, and how these permits fit into the overall Clean Air Act regulatory scheme. This training will begin each morning at 10 am and adjourn at 3 pm. The training will break around 12 noon each day for lunch.
Instructors: Mary Boyer | Ken Gigliello
Who should attend: This basic course is focused specifically on safety procedures for inspecting and evaluating air pollution control systems. This class is intended for compliance engineers, scientists and technicians (or field inspectors) who are responsible for inspection of industrial emission sources.
Course Description and Target Audience: This course presents safety procedures for inspecting and evaluating air pollution control systems. Practical techniques are described to aid plant operations personnel and regulatory agency inspectors in minimizing health and safety hazards. Emphasis is placed on the early recognition and avoidance of problems. Unique combinations of hazards found around air pollution control systems are presented. The use of personal protection equipment is discussed. This course is intended to supplement general industrial hygiene and safety procedures which should be followed by all personnel engaged in field work.
Maximum Attendance and Waitlist Information: (45 students)
NOTE: This is an online training course. The maximum attendance for this course is 45 students in order to allow for instructors to fully engage students and manage Q&A sessions, ultimately making each course more interactive. MARAMA will work with your state agency Training Coordinators to confirm and prioritize attendance as necessary. You will receive a confirmation notice from the new LMS system if you are ENROLLED in the course.
Course Registration Deadline Date: March 25, 2022
This training series will be held via EPA’s new Learning Management System (LMS) and WebEx.
There is NO registration fee for state and local employees attending this training.
Students will need to do the following in order to REGISTER for the course in the LMS system:
- Create a PROFILE in the new LMS: If you have not already done so, please create an account in the new LMS here. Please reference the attached LMS Flier for instructions on how to set up your profile.
- REGISTRATION within the LMS: To do this, please follow these instructions:
- Log-in to your account and hover over the “My Training” tab on the home page.
- Select the third option under “My Training” entitled “Instructor Led Training Calendar.”
- Change the month to April of 2022, if it is not already and scroll down to the course date and click on the course title.
- Register for the course by clicking on the blue REQUEST button . If the course is full, you will be able to add yourself to the waitlist by clicking the blue button on the bottom right-hand corner which reads ADD TO WAITLIST. You should receive a confirmation message that you have been added to the waitlist. You will also receive an automated email once you have been confirmed and added to the roster.
- Once you have been enrolled in the course, please complete the PRE-TEST within the LMS. The PRE-TEST may not yet be available. We will communicate with all enrolled students once the test is on the LMS. The deadline to take the pre-test will be Friday, April 1, 2022.