|NACT 355 Advanced Inspector Training IN-PERSON Training|
|Course Length||Dates||Session Schedule|
|Course Length: 3-day||April 11-13, 2023||Begins 8:30 AM Eastern|
|Maximum Attendance: 30 Registered Students|
Waitlist: MARAMA will work with your state agency Training Coordinators to confirm and prioritize attendance as necessary. You will receive a confirmation notice from the LMS system, once you have been ENROLLED in this course.
Registration Deadline: March 30, 2023
Agenda: NACT 355 Agenda
LMS Links: LMS Registration | LMS Filer
Registration Questions: Sue Dilli and Jackie Burkhardt firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharon Ray (email@example.com)
Those completing this 3-day course will have an understanding of the compliance assessment practices that are employed for evaluating air emission sources. This training will begin each morning at 8:30 am and adjourn at 4:30 pm (1 pm on day 3).
Instructors: Ken Gigliello | Mary Boyer
Location: Liberty State Park, Jersey City, NJ 07305
Who should attend: Inspectors with at least 2-3 years of experience in the air enforcement program.
Course Description: The course uses both practical exercises and instructor lectures to teach Clean Air Act inspection techniques. Course participants will perform two mock interviews, conduct sampling (including wearing personal protective equipment), prepare group inspection reports, and pay attention to information provided on the instructor slides.
Learning Objectives: Participants should learn the following Clean Air Act (CA) procedures and techniques:
- how to conduct CAA inspections,
- take photos,
- perform sampling,
- conduct interviews,
- enter facilities,
- understand evidence,
- prepare inspection reports,
- act as a witness,
- identify potential criminal activity, and
- other technical issues (confidential business information, continuous emission monitoring, field technology, IR camera function and operation, and leak detection and repair).
Maximum Attendance and Waitlist Information: (30 students)
NOTE: This is an IN-PERSON training course. The maximum attendance for this course is 30 students in order to allow for instructors to fully engage students and manage Q&A sessions, ultimately making each course more interactive. MARAMA will work with your state agency Training Coordinators to confirm and prioritize attendance as necessary. You will receive a confirmation notice from the new LMS system if you are ENROLLED in the course.
This training course will be held IN-PERSON and there is NO registration fee for this training for MARAMA agency staff members.
NOTE for EPA Staff: MARAMA agency staff have first priority for enrollment, but should space become available, EPA staff members can register. The cost for Federal employees is $22.00 per person.
For more information about hotel and per diem costs, reach out to MARAMA Training.
Course Registration Deadline Date: March 30, 2023 (There is currently a waitlist).
Students will need to do the following in order to REGISTER for the course in the LMS system:
- Create a PROFILE in the new LMS: If you have not already done so, please create an account in the new LMS here. Please reference the attached LMS Flier for instructions on how to set up your profile.
- REGISTRATION within the LMS: To do this, please follow these instructions:
- Log-in to your account and hover over the “My Training” tab on the home page.
- Select the third option under “My Training” entitled “Instructor Led Training Calendar.”
- Change the month to April of 2023, if it is not already and scroll down to the course date and click on the course title.
- Register for the course by clicking on the blue REQUEST button . If the course is full, you will be able to add yourself to the waitlist by clicking the blue button on the bottom right-hand corner which reads ADD TO WAITLIST. You should receive a confirmation message that you have been added to the waitlist. You will also receive an automated email once you have been confirmed and added to the roster.
- Once you have been enrolled in the course, please complete the PRE-TEST within the LMS. We will communicate with all enrolled students once the test is on the LMS. The deadline to take the pre-test will be April 10, 2023.
- NOTE: Logistical details regarding this course will be provided approximately 1 week prior to the course.