|NACT 334: Permit Practices | July 13-15, 2021|
|Day 1||July 13, 2021||9:00 AM – 4:30 PM EST|
|Day 2||July 14, 2021||9:00 AM – 4:30 PM EST|
|Day 3||July 15, 2021||9:00 AM – 4:30 PM EST|
|Maximum Attendance: This is an online training series. The maximum attendance for this course is 45 students in order to allow for instructors to fully engage students and manage Q&A sessions, ultimately making each course more interactive. MARAMA will work with your state agency Training Coordinators to confirm and prioritize attendance as necessary. You will receive a confirmation notice from the new LMS system if you are ENROLLED in the course.|
Agenda: NACT 334: Permit Practices
Instructor: Mohsen Nazemi
Registration Deadline Date: June 28, 2021
Registration Contact Information: Sue Dilli and Jackie Burkhardt (email@example.com) , or Sharon Ray (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Course Description: This course provides hands-on training in the methods and procedures used to review permit applications and to prepare air quality permits. This course is designed for personnel of State and local agencies that have some experience in permit programs and is designed primarily for permit writers, but inspectors who must read and interpret permit conditions and make site inspections will benefit as well.
Course material will address state and local permits, as well as Title V federal operating permits. Other topics covered will include Compliance Assurance Monitoring; Monitoring, Reporting, and Record-keeping requirements; and toxic air contaminant issues associated with permitting
Course tools: Please have a scientific calculator with you during class.
Target Audience: This course is designed for semi-experienced stationary source permit engineers, inspectors, regulatory agency staff, and environmental specialists in government.
Registration Instructions: This training series will be held via EPA’s new Learning Management System (LMS) and WebEx. There is NO registration fee for state and local employees attending this training.
Students will need to do the following in order to REGISTER for the course in the new system:
- Create a PROFILE in the new EPA Learning Management System (LMS): If you have not already done so, please create an account in the new LMS here. Please reference the attached EPA LMS Flier for instructions on how to set up your profile.
- REGISTRATION within the LMS: To do this, please follow these instructions (see attached student user guide for additional LMS and WebEx information):
- Log-in to your account and hover over the “My Training” tab on the home page.
- Select the third option under “My Training” entitled “Instructor Led Training Calendar.”
- Change the month to July of 2021, if it is not already and scroll down to the second week in the month.
- Click on the title of the training you’d like to enroll in.
- Register for the WAITLIST by clicking the blue REQUEST button on the bottom right-hand corner which reads ADD TO WAITLIST. You should receive a confirmation message that you have been added to the waitlist. You will also receive an automated email once you have been confirmed and added to the roster.
3. Once you have been enrolled in the course, please take the “pre-test” by following the instructions on the attached LMS and WebEx User Guide. The deadline to take the pre-test is July 12, 2021.