|NACT 290: MACT General Background VIRTUAL Training Course | August 5, 2021|
|August 5, 2021||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST|
|Maximum Attendance: This is an online training series. The maximum attendance for this course is 45 students in order to allow for instructors to fully engage students and manage Q&A sessions, ultimately making each course more interactive. MARAMA will work with your state agency Training Coordinators to confirm and prioritize attendance as necessary. You will receive a confirmation notice from the new LMS system if you are ENROLLED in the course.|
Agenda: NACT 290 MACT General Background
Instructor: Tom Marriott | Mohsen Nazemi
Registration Deadline Date: July 22, 2021
Registration Contact Information: Sue Dilli and Jackie Burkhardt (firstname.lastname@example.org) , or Sharon Ray (email@example.com).
Course Description: This course is designed to provide general background information on (1) various ARB and EPA toxic regulations/programs: MACTs and ATCMs, ARB Hot Spots vs EPA Significant Risk Programs, EPA and California Accidental Release Prevention Programs; (2) listing of toxic air contaminants and hazardous air pollutants, and of EPA’s toxic source categories; (3) pathways for ARB and EPA enforcement; and (4) lowering a source’s potential to emit (for MACT sources).
Target Audience: This course is intended for new, entry-level as well as semi-experienced stationary source permit engineers, inspectors, regulatory agency staff, and environmental specialists in business and government. The course is designed to provide an overview of General Background Information on MACT and ARB standards.
Registration Instructions: This training series will be held via EPA’s new Learning Management System (LMS) and WebEx. There is NO registration fee for state and local employees attending this training.
Students will need to do the following in order to REGISTER for the course in the new system:
- Create a PROFILE in the new EPA Learning Management System (LMS): If you have not already done so, please create an account in the new LMS here. Please reference the attached EPA LMS Flier for instructions on how to set up your profile.
- REGISTRATION within the LMS: To do this, please follow these instructions (see attached student user guide for additional LMS and WebEx information):
- Log-in to your account and hover over the “My Training” tab on the home page.
- Select the third option under “My Training” entitled “Instructor Led Training Calendar.”
- Change the month to August of 2021, if it is not already and scroll down to the second week in the month.
- Click on the title of the training you’d like to enroll in.
- Register for the WAITLIST by clicking the blue REQUEST button on the bottom right-hand corner which reads ADD TO WAITLIST. You should receive a confirmation message that you have been added to the waitlist. You will also receive an automated email once you have been confirmed and added to the roster.
3. Once you have been enrolled in the course, please take the Pre-Test by following the instructions on the attached LMS and WebEx User Guide. The deadline to take the pre-test is August 4, 2021.