|NACT 200 Series Virtual Training Series|
|NACT 270: Incinerators||May 11, 2021||10:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST|
|NACT 272: Stationary Gas Turbines||May 12, 2021||10:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST|
|NACT 285: Landfill Gas Control Gas Facilities||May 13, 2021||10:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST|
|Maximum Attendance: 45 Students Per Course.|
Agenda: Will be available on the LMS in the near future.
Training Series Host:This training series will be held via EPA’s new Learning Management System (LMS) and WebEx.
Registration and Waitlist: In order to allow for instructors to fully engage students and manage Question and Answer sessions, ultimately making each course more interactive. Every registrant will be put on a WAITLIST initially until every MARAMA member agency has had an opportunity for their staff to register for these courses. MARAMA will work with your state agency Training Coordinators to confirm and prioritize attendance as necessary. You will receive a confirmation notice from the new LMS system once you have been ENROLLED in each course.
Registration Contact Information: Sue Dilli and Jackie Burkhardt (email@example.com) , or Sharon Ray (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NACT 270: Incinerators – Tuesday, May 11, 2021 | 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST (schedule includes lunch and breaks)
Course Description: This course will focus on the process, emission control equipment and inspection procedures of small to medium sized solid waste incinerators. The types of incinerators include biomedical, pathological, crematories and commercial heat stripping ovens. This course does not address municipal waste combustors, biomass or hazardous waste incinerators.
NACT 272: Stationary Gas Turbines – Wednesday, May 12, 2021 | 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST (schedule includes lunch and breaks)
Course Description: With an increase in demand of the electric utility industry, stationary gas turbines have become more popular in recent years as combined-cycles, peaking power plants and cogeneration facilities. The course discusses uses of gas turbines, fundamentals of operation of modern turbines with emphasis on state-of-the-art controls to achieve some of the lowest emission concentrations for this source category. The course also discusses combined cycles with HRSG units, steam turbines and power generation. This is followed by a detailed discussion on emissions and control techniques such as Dry Low-NOx combustors with staged combustion, water or steam injection followed by SCR and CO catalysts. Applicable federal and local BACT regulations, permitting requirements, and agency inspection procedures and safety concerns are thoroughly discussed.
NACT 285: Landfill Gas Control Gas Facilities – Thursday, May 13, 2021 | 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST (schedule includes lunch and breaks)
Course Description: This course provides an introduction to the operation of landfill gas collection, controls and gas-to-energy systems. Special emphasis is placed on inspection techniques.
WAITLIST Registration Deadline Date: April 23, 2021.
Registration Instructions: Students will need to do the following in order to REGISTER for these courses in the new system.
- Create a PROFILE in the new EPA Learning Management System. If you have not already done so, please create an account in the new LMS here. Please reference the attached EPA LMS Flier for instructions on how to set up your profile.
- ADD YOURSELF TO THE WAITLIST (separately) for each of the training courses you’d like to attend within the LMS: To do this, please follow these instructions:
- Log-in to your account and hover over the “My Training” tab on the home page.
- Select the third option under “My Training” entitled “Instructor Led Training Calendar.”
- Change the month to May of 2021, if it is not already and scroll down to the second week in the month.
- Click on the title of the training you’d like to enroll in.
- Register for the WAITLIST by clicking the blue button on the bottom right-hand corner which reads “ADD TO WAITLIST.” You should receive a confirmation message that you have been added to the waitlist. You will also receive an automated email once you have been confirmed and added to the roster.