|NACT 251 Asbestos Demolition and Renovation|
|November 17, 2021||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST|
| Agenda: NACT 251 Asbestos Demolition and Renovation|
Instructors: Mary Boyer | Mohsen Nazemi
Training Series Host:This training series will be held via EPA’s new Learning Management System (LMS) and WebEx.
Maximum Attendance is 45 students per course in order to allow for instructors to fully engage students and manage Question and Answer sessions, ultimately making each course more interactive. MARAMA will work with your state agency Training Coordinators to confirm and prioritize attendance as necessary. You will receive a confirmation notice from the new LMS system once you have been ENROLLED in each course.
Registration Deadline Date: November 3, 2021
Registration Contact Information: Sue Dilli and Jackie Burkhardt (email@example.com) , or Sharon Ray (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Course Description: This course is designed for air pollution inspectors. A variety of asbestos issues are discussed in this one-day course. Since contamination is a major concern when working near asbestos, safety is emphasized. The aspects of an effective inspection with proper and thorough case development are outlined and reviewed as is locating non-notifiers. Group participation is encouraged throughout the course as each individual topic is addressed. Specific coverage is given to health effects of exposure, containment practices, sampling procedures, chain of custody and documentation.
Registration Instructions: This training series will be held via EPA’s new Learning Management System (LMS) and WebEx. There is NO registration fee for state and local employees attending this training.
Students will need to do the following in order to REGISTER for the course in the new system:
- Create a PROFILE in the new Learning Management System (LMS): If you have not already done so, please create an account in the new LMS here. Please reference the attached LMS Flier for instructions on how to set up your profile.
- REGISTRATION within the LMS: To do this, please follow these instructions (see attached student user guide for additional LMS and WebEx information):
- Log-in to your account and hover over the “My Training” tab on the home page.
- Select the third option under “My Training” entitled “Instructor Led Training Calendar.”
- Change the month to November of 2021 if it is not already and scroll down to the course date and click on the course title.
- Register for the course by clicking on the blue REQUEST button. If the course is full, you will be able to add yourself to the waitlist by clicking the blue button on the bottom right-hand corner which reads ADD TO WAITLIST. You should receive a confirmation message that you have been added to the waitlist. You will also receive an automated email once you have been confirmed and added to the roster.
- Once you have been enrolled in the course, MARAMA will notify you that the PRE-TEST is available to complete by following the instructions on the attached LMS and WebEx USER GUIDE. The deadline to take the pre-test is November 16, 2021.