|NACT 200 Series|
|NACT 222 Principles of Ambient Air Monitoring||March 22, 2022||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST|
|NACT 224 Observing Source Tests||March 23, 2022||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST|
|Instructors: Ted Palma | Larry Sitzman|
Training Series Host: This training series will be held via EPA’s new Learning Management System (LMS) and WebEx.
Target Audience: NACT 222 and 224 training courses (outlined below) are intended for new, entry-level as well as semi-experienced staff.
Maximum Attendance is 45 students per course in order to allow for instructors to fully engage students and manage Question and Answer sessions, ultimately making each course more interactive. MARAMA will work with your state agency Training Coordinators to confirm and prioritize attendance as necessary. You will receive a confirmation notice from the new LMS system once you have been ENROLLED in each course.
Registration Deadline Date: March 11, 2022
Registration Contact Information: Sue Dilli and Jackie Burkhardt (email@example.com) , or Sharon Ray (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Agenda: will be available in the LMS and on this Event page in the near future
NACT 222 Principles of Ambient Air Monitoring | March 22, 2022
Course Description: This course covers the basic design and theory of ambient air monitoring, quality assurance and control methods as they relate to monitoring instruments, site development criteria and data processing. This course will address PM2.5 and other particulate methods, ozone, oxides of nitrogen, carbon monoxide, hydrocarbon, sulfur dioxide, meteorology systems, data recording systems, gas calibration systems, and zero air systems.
NACT 224 Observing Source Tests | March 22, 2022
Course Description: Observations of compliance performance emission tests are an important part of any air pollution enforcement program. Data obtained during these tests are used to determine compliance with regulatory standards or to determine baseline operating conditions for a source. We present the basic principles of STO and the fundamentals of source testing methods, including Method 5, sampling train and procedures. We also discuss sample recovery observations, procedural inspections, calculations, report writing and QA techniques. Students will participate in a Method 5 sampling train “mock inspection” and receive hands-on training.
Registration Instructions: This training series will be held via EPA’s new Learning Management System (LMS) and WebEx. There is NO registration fee for state and local employees attending this training.
Students will need to do the following in order to REGISTER FOR EACH COURSE INDIVIDUALLY on EPA’s Learning Management System (LMS):
- Create a PROFILE in the new Learning Management System (LMS): If you have not already done so, please create an account in the new LMS here. Please reference the attached LMS Flier for instructions on how to set up your profile.
- REGISTRATION within the LMS: To do this, please follow these instructions (see attached student user guide for additional LMS and WebEx information):
- Log-in to your account and hover over the “My Training” tab on the home page.
- Select the third option under “My Training” entitled “Instructor Led Training Calendar.”
- Change the month to March of 2022 if it is not already and scroll down to the course date and click on the course title.
- Register for the course by clicking on the blue REQUEST button. If the course is full, you will be able to add yourself to the waitlist by clicking the blue button on the bottom right-hand corner which reads ADD TO WAITLIST. You should receive a confirmation message that you have been added to the waitlist. You will also receive an automated email once you have been confirmed and added to the roster.
- Once you have been enrolled in the course, please take the PRE-TEST by following the instructions on the attached LMS and WebEx USER GUIDE. The deadline to take the pre-test is March 21, 2022.
- Note: Instructions for accessing each training course will be forwarded to all registered students via an LMS generated email prior to the training.