|NACT 200 Series|
|NACT 246 Aggregate, Asphalt, and Concrete Batching Operations|| January 24, 2022|
| 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST|
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM EST
|NACT 252 Fugitive Dust||January 26, 2022||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST|
|NACT 273 Industrial Boilers||January 27, 2022||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST|
| Instructors: Mohsen Nazemi | Tom Marriott|
Training Series Host:This training series will be held via EPA’s new Learning Management System (LMS) and WebEx.
Maximum Attendance is 45 students per course in order to allow for instructors to fully engage students and manage Question and Answer sessions, ultimately making each course more interactive. MARAMA will work with your state agency Training Coordinators to confirm and prioritize attendance as necessary. You will receive a confirmation notice from the new LMS system once you have been ENROLLED in each course.
Registration Deadline Date: January 10, 2022
Registration Contact Information: Sue Dilli and Jackie Burkhardt (email@example.com) , or Sharon Ray (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NACT 246 Aggregate, Asphalt, and Concrete Batching Operations | January 24-25, 2022 | AGENDA
Course Description: This course will provide an overview and discussion of the processes commonly seen at sand and gravel operations, concrete batching operations, and hot mix asphalt (HMA) operations. Processes such as quarrying, sizing of quarried material, sorting, stockpiling, and transfer of aggregate products will be discussed in the aggregate section of this class. Concrete batching issues such as dust abatement and the flow of aggregate and cement materials will also be discussed. Hot mix asphalt operations also have many similar processes, and we will discuss the similarities with aggregate and concrete batching operations, including aggregate handling, storage, transfer, processing, and more.
Additionally, we will also explore some of the issues that are particular to HMA facilities such as “blue smoke” controls which can include baghouse filters and capture/incineration of blue smoke mist. Combustion controls such as low-NOx burners will also be discussed as they pertain to HMA and aggregate operations. This course includes a field trip to a local aggregate/concrete/HMA facility to observe the process in-person, and affords an opportunity for students to interact with facility operators.
NACT 252 Fugitive Dust | January 26, 2022 | AGENDA
Learning Objectives: After completion of this one-day course, learners will be able to explain fugitive dust control in the context of the following topics:
- Health Effects of PM10 Pollution
- Fugitive Dust Sources
- Dust Control Measures
- Fugitive Dust Rules & Regulations
- Dust Control Plans
- Visible Dust Emissions and Test Methods
NACT 273 Industrial Boilers | January 27, 2022 | AGENDA
Course Description: Boilers are one of the most common emission sources and range in use from small fire tube boilers to large utility boilers associated with power plant facilities. The course discusses uses of boilers, heat transfer methods and fundamentals of operation of modern industrial and utility boilers including those fired by natural gas, biomass, municipal waste and coal (circulating fluidized bed units). The course also discusses steam turbines and power generation. This is followed by a detailed discussion on emissions and control techniques such as Low-NOx burners, FGR, staged combustion, SCR and SNCR. New technologies such as Ultra Low-NOx 9 ppm burners, applicable federal and local BACT regulations, permitting requirements and agency inspection procedures and safety concerns are thoroughly discussed.
Registration Instructions: This training series will be held via EPA’s new Learning Management System (LMS) and WebEx. There is NO registration fee for state and local employees attending this training.
Students will need to do the following in order to REGISTER for the course in the new system:
- Create a PROFILE in the new Learning Management System (LMS): If you have not already done so, please create an account in the new LMS here. Please reference the attached LMS Flier for instructions on how to set up your profile.
- REGISTRATION within the LMS: To do this, please follow these instructions (see attached student user guide for additional LMS and WebEx information):
- Log-in to your account and hover over the “My Training” tab on the home page.
- Select the third option under “My Training” entitled “Instructor Led Training Calendar.”
- Change the month to January of 2022 if it is not already and scroll down to the course date and click on the course title.
- Register for the course by clicking on the blue REQUEST button. If the course is full, you will be able to add yourself to the waitlist by clicking the blue button on the bottom right-hand corner which reads ADD TO WAITLIST. You should receive a confirmation message that you have been added to the waitlist. You will also receive an automated email once you have been confirmed and added to the roster.
- Once you have been enrolled in the course, MARAMA will notify you that the PRE-TEST is available to complete by following the instructions on the attached LMS and WebEx USER GUIDE. The deadline to take the pre-test is January 23, 2022.
- Note: Instructions for accessing each training course will be forwarded to all registered students via an LMS generated email.