This course is designed for quality assurance coordinators or managers, field or laboratory supervisors, and technicians involved with quality assurance. Lectures present the basic quality management principles and techniques applicable to air pollution monitoring systems. It covers the four principal areas of management, measurement, systems, and statistics.
- Overview of EPA’s quality system requirements
- Planning for data collection usin a systematic planning process
- Collecting environmental data using documented sampling schemes
- Conduct data assessments
- Assessing Quality Systems
- Field Assessing QA for PM-2.5 & Speciation Monitors
- Field Assessing QA for PM-10 Monitors
Students should be proficient in high school algebra and familiar with basic statistical concepts. Successful completion of APTI SI:100 “Mathematics Review for Air Pollution Control” will satisfy the high school algebra requirement. Course SI:473A “Beginning Environmental Statistical Techniques” is recommended for the statistical techniques used in this course.
Instructor for the course is: William T. “Jerry” Winberry, EnviroTech Solutions