Introduction to Air Pollution Meteorology & Dispersion Modeling TRAINING WEBINAR
June 14, 2023 | 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM ET
Tony Sadar, CCM
Environmental Science Communication, LLC
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Management and technical staff who require a basic introduction to the field of air pollution meteorology and air dispersion modeling will benefit from this webinar. This 4-hour training webinar will address the basics of understanding atmospheric structure and dynamics and the dispersion of pollutants within the ambient air.
Understanding of atmospheric structure and dynamics and the dispersion of pollutants within the ambient air is important to practitioners in the environmental profession, including technical staff, managers, and supervisors of air quality programs. Course participants will learn:
– Atmospheric structure basics with focus on the lowest layer of air
– Typical meteorological equipment used in air pollution studies
– Dynamic conditions that impact air dispersion
– Fundamental components of air dispersion and their interaction
– Air modeling history and fundamental development
– Qualitative and quantitative aspects of air modeling
– Introduction to U.S.EPA modeling requirements and recommended models
– Overview of AERMOD and AERSCREEN
– Sources of modeling guidance and support
This training course will be held ONLINE via WebEx and there is NO registration fee for this training.
A nominal fee of $15.00 will be charged for Federal employees.
Attendance is unlimited for this webinar!
Please REGISTER on EPA’s AirKnowledge Learning Management System (LMS) by following the instructions below.
Create a USER PROFILE in the new LMS: If you have not already done so, please create an account in the new LMS here.
REGISTRATION within the LMS: To do this, please follow these instructions:
· Log-in to your account and hover over the “My Training” tab on the home page.
· Select the third option under “My Training” entitled “Instructor Led Training Calendar.”
· Change the month to June of 2023, if it is not already and scroll down to the course date and click on the course title.
· Register for the course by clicking on the blue REQUEST button. You should receive a confirmation message that you have been enrolled in this course.
NOTE: Logistical details regarding this webinar will be provided approximately 1 week prior to the course.
Course Registration Deadline Date: June 5, 2023