|Environmental Risk Communication Virtual Training|
|November 9, 2021||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST|
|November 10, 2021||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST|
| Agenda: Environmental Risk Communication|
Instructors: Susan Z. Forney | Anthony J. (Tony) Sadar
Registration Deadline Date: November 4, 2021
Registration Contact Information: Sue Dilli and Jackie Burkhardt (firstname.lastname@example.org) , or Sharon Ray (email@example.com).
Course Description and Learning Objectives: The introductory Environmental Risk Communication training course familiarizes students with the theory and practice of risk communication and equips them with practical how-to guidance for effectively communicating about sensitive environmental and health issues. Students will learn to distinguish the different forms and circumstances surrounding risk communication, and the factors that boost success in each. The training features a number of case studies and video examples.
- Key skill sets addressed in the training are:
- Planning and evaluating risk communication efforts.
- Identifying, understanding and prioritizing stakeholders.
- Developing and delivering key messages.
- Identifying and preparing spokespersons.
- Understanding and applying the right tools for communicating about risk in person (face-to-face, in meetings and hearings), in print and electronically/digitally.
- Navigating environmental justice initiatives.
Registration Instructions: This training series will be held via GOTOWEBINAR. There is NO registration fee for state and local staff to attend this training. In order to attend this training, please register as follows:
- Register on the GOTOWEBINAR system using this link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2462860284145081356 NOTE: YOU WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM THE GOTOWEBINAR SYSTEM WITH INSTRUCTIONS FOR ACCESSING THE TRAINING.
- Register on the EPA LMS (instructions below) Create a PROFILE in the new LMS: If you have not already done so, please create an account in the new LMS here. Please reference the attached LMS Flier for instructions on how to set up your profile.
REGISTRATION within the LMS: To do this, please follow these instructions:
- Log-in to your account and hover over the “My Training” tab on the home page.
- Select the third option under “My Training” entitled “Instructor Led Training Calendar.”
- Change the month to November of 2021, if it is not already and scroll down to the course date and click on the course title.
- Register for the course by clicking on the blue REQUEST button. You will also receive an automated email once you have been confirmed and added to the roster.
Post-Test: Successfully complete the post-test associated with this course (scoring 70% or higher).
Course Evaluation: Please complete an online course evaluation within the LMS, after you have taken the post-test.
Certificates of Completion: Upon completion of these requirements, students will be able to print their Certificate of Participation via the LMS.