Communications Checkup Online Training Course
April 4, 2023
INSTRUCTOR: Susan Z. Forney, Founder, EHS Communication Partners, Inc.
AGENDA (Preliminary Agenda)
COURSE DESCRIPTION and LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Communication is a soft skill we have literally been practicing since birth. And we recognize that doing it well helps us flourish in both our professional and personal lives. So how does its mastery remain elusive? Social media surely presents some new challenges. However, most of the obstacles remain in our biological makeup. The rest? Well, our schooling has largely neglected perhaps the most important communication fundamental of all—listening—in favor of the other three—reading, writing, and speaking.
This course will help associates at all levels within their respective organizations to 1) learn/reaffirm the best practices and principles for effective communication, 2) identify the common personal habits that may be hampering their potential, and 3) understand how to improve communication outcomes.
The principles and practices taught in the course will focus on the salient and timeless points drawn from communication and business experts over many decades.
Part 1 – Listening to Understand
Part 2 – Influencing through Principled Persuasion
Part 3 – Breaking through Barriers to Cooperation
Part 4 – Improving Meeting Outcomes
Part 5 – Dealing with Toxic Personalities
MAXIMUM ATTENDANCE AND WAITLIST INFORMATION
NOTE: The maximum attendance for this course is 40 students. MARAMA will work with your state agency Training Coordinators to confirm and prioritize attendance as necessary. You will receive a confirmation notice from the LMS system if you are ENROLLED in the course.
NOTE: UPON REGISTRATION IN THE LMS, YOU WILL BE PLACED ON A WAITLIST INITIALLY UNTIL ALL MARAMA MEMBER AGENCIES HAVE HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO REGISTER FOR THE TRAINING. IF YOUR REGISTRATION IS CONFIRMED, MARAMA AND/OR YOUR AGENCY’S TRAINING COORDINATOR WILL SEND YOU A CONFIRMATION EMAIL.
This training course will be held ONLINE via WebEx and there is NO registration fee for this training. A nominal fee of $37.50 will be charged for Federal employees, if seats are available.
Students will need to do the following in order to REGISTER FOR THE COURSE WAITLIST on EPA’s AirKnowledge Learning Management System (LMS):
- REGISTRATION within the LMS: To do this, please follow these instructions:
· Log-in to your account and hover over the “My Training” tab on the home page.
· Select the third option under “My Training” entitled “Instructor Led Training Calendar.”
· Change the month to April of 2023, if it is not already and scroll down to the course date and click on the course title.
· Register for the course WAITLIST by clicking on the blue REQUEST button . You should receive a confirmation message that you have been added to the waitlist. You will also receive an automated email once you have been confirmed and added to the roster.
· NOTE: Logistical details regarding this course will be provided approximately 1 week prior to the course.
Course Registration Deadline Date: March 17, 2023