|APTI 418 – NOX Emissions Control from Stationary Sources|
|Course Length||Dates||Session Schedule|
|Course Length: 6 online sessions|
Session Length: 3 hours
|May 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, and 27, 2021||➤ Times to be announced in LMS|
|Maximum Attendance: 50 Registered Students Per Course. There are 5 registration spots for each MARAMA agency.|
Waitlist: MARAMA will work with your state agency Training Coordinators to confirm and prioritize attendance as necessary. You will receive a confirmation notice from the LMS system, once you have been ENROLLED in this course.
Registration Deadline: May 10, 2021
Agenda: Will be available on the LMS in the near future.
Registration Questions: Sue Dilli and Jackie Burkhardt email@example.com
Instructors: Russell Bailey, Trinity Consultants | Ron Hawks, Trinity Consultants | Wendy Merz, Trinity Consultants
Course Description and Target Audience: The goal of this course is to present information that will help environmental professionals address present and future NOx control issues. The target audience is new permit and compliance engineers and scientists, with an engineering or scientific degree, who are responsible for permitting, compliance, and SIP planning activities.
The course introduces a broad range of control technology topics and identifies some of the sources for obtaining further information on these topics. Those completing this course will gain an understanding of the mechanisms by which nitrogen oxide (NOx) is formed in the combustion process as well as sources of NOx emissions and the history related to regulating NOx emissions from these sources. Attendees will be able to perform regulatory reviews involving the types, applicability, capability, and limitations of available control techniques to suppress the formation of NOx emissions or to minimize NOx emissions.
- Federal and State Regulatory Requirements
- NOx Formation Processes and Combustion Modifications
- Low NOx Combustor Systems
- Catalytic and Non-Catalytic Reduction
- Emissions Monitoring
- Course materials are accessible to you within the LMS prior to the start of this training course.
- Check the LMS the week of May 10th for posted course materials.
- Use the attached LMS WebEx Student User Guide for instructions on how to access resource materials within the LMS.
Registration Instructions: Students will need to do the following in order to REGISTER for these courses in the new system.
- Create a PROFILE in the new LMS. If you have not already done so, please create an account in the new LMS here. Please reference the attached EPA LMS Flier for instructions on how to set up your profile.
- Register yourself for the course: LMS Course Registration
- There is no registration fee to attend this course.