Registration is closed.
|APTI 350 Asbestos NESHAP Inspection and Safety Procedures|
|Course Length||Dates||Daily Schedule|
|Class Length: 6 days
Up to 4 hours of instruction each day
|October 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 2020||➤ 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM (course presentation)
➤ 45 minute lunch break each day
➤ 1:00 PM – 3:0 PM (course presentation)
|NOTE: No class on Monday, October 12th. Class will adjourn at 12:15 PM on Friday, October 16th.|
Dave W. Hogue, National Director, The Environmental Institute | email@example.com
Thomas G. Laubenthal, Training Supervisor and Technical Chief, The Environmental Institute | firstname.lastname@example.org)
Course Description and Target Audience: This introductory course (approx. 20 hours of instruction) covers background information, health effects of asbestos, and regulatory history; abatement techniques; sampling and analysis; personal safety including respiratory protection and protective clothing; pre-inspection planning, inspection procedures, and post inspection activities; and legal perspectives. The course is designed for individuals who have a basic understanding of the compliance assessment requirements for any asbestos regulations within its state, region or territory. This class is intended for air quality professionals whose role is to inspect facilities which contain asbestos-containing materials and determine regulatory compliance status with applicable state or federal asbestos regulations.
Learning Objectives | AGENDA: Those completing this course will gain an understanding of how to conduct an asbestos compliance assessment. Attendees will improve their knowledge of the following topics related to asbestos control programs:
- Health effects of exposure to asbestos
- Identifying asbestos containing material
- Asbestos Inspector Safety Guidance
- Respiratory Protection
- Protective clothing
- Asbestos NESHAP regulation
- Pre-inspection planning
- Facility and landfill inspections
- Asbestos air sampling and analysis
Prerequisites (Optional but Recommeneded): APTI SI-350 PSIM: Asbestos NESHAP Inspection & Safety Procedures Prerequisite
This 1-hour self-instructional course covers background information on asbestos and asbestos containing materials, potential health effects associated with asbestos exposure, an overview of major regulatory requirements, and inspection considerations. It is a pre-requisite for APTI 350: Asbestos NESHAP Inspection and Safety Procedures. It is recommended that students complete this self-instructional (SI) training module in advance of attending this course. Visit APTI Learn and click on the LEARN tab and then INSPECTION & ENFORCEMENT hyperlink to access this SI course.
Course Completion Requirements: To receive a CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION and COMPLETION, each participant WILL BE EXPECTED to do the following:
- Attend ALL 6 webinars in the training series and actively participate by answering the POLL QUESTIONS administered each day. These questions are designed to track learning.
- Complete pre and post-test/s associated with each course (scoring 70% or higher). NOTE: A link to complete the pre-test (via Survey Monkey) will be emailed to students a week prior to class.
- Complete a GoToWebinar brief survey in addition to a course evaluation on APTI Learn. Upon successful completion of this webinar series and the course evaluations, students will be able to print their Certificate of Participation from APTI Learn.
Registration Information: Registration is closed.
- Everyone will be added to a waitlist initially on APTI Learn until all MARAMA member agency staff have had an opportunity to register.
- NOTE: Once your enrollment has been confirmed, MARAMA will email you a link to REGISTER for the ONLINE TRAINING (via GoToWebinar).
- Registration Deadline: September 25, 2020
- There is no registration fee to attend this course.