MARAMA SIP TRAINING Course and WORKSHOP
FEBRUARY 22 – 23, 2017
The Gettysburg Hotel
One Lincoln Square
Gettysburg, PA 17325
SIP TRAINING COURSE AND WORKSHOP OBJECTIVES
- Understand the legal basis and requirements for air quality state implementation plans
- Understand where to find information you need to prepare your SIP
- Gain information from experienced planners from EPA and the MARAMA region on best practices for preparing state implementation plans
- Gain experience in presenting information about your program and issues
- Understand the perspective of other agencies on issues important to your agency
KEY TOPICS FOR SIP training and workshop
Introduction to SIP Planning
- Statutory Framework and Regulatory Requirements
- Key SIP Planning Tasks
- Data Sources and Resources (monitoring, modeling, inventory brief overview)
- Work Products and Requirements for Submittals, Sanctions, Conformity, Re-designations
Key SIP Issues for the MARAMA Region
- Transport SIPs: status, issues, next steps
- What is RACT/RACM, and how much consistency is there? What other measures are needed?
- Ozone and PM and SO2 Attainment SIPs: status, issues, next steps
- Regional Haze SIPs: opportunity for consultation about Class I areas in NJ, WV, VA, NC
- Issues related to plans required under Sections 111 and 129 of the Clean Air Act
New and experienced SIP planners and other new technical staff from MARAMA member agencies.
MARAMA is seeking volunteers from EPA and member agencies to lead discussion or participate in panels on topics listed above or other relevant information. Please email Susan Wierman if you are able to help out. Thank you!
Direct Link to training workshop registration: Register Here
Registration Deadline: January 27, 2017
Please note that MARAMA utilizes the RegOnLine system. You will need to login and create a password. If attending future events, you will be able to use the same login and password without having to fill in your contact information again. If you have already registered for a previous course, please use the login and password you have created to register for this course.
There is NO registration fee for this meeting for state and local employees and invited non-Federal speakers. There is a registration fee for Federal Employees (including Federal employee speakers); please see fees and payment instructions when you register.
Note: All reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card. You are responsible for making your own hotel reservations.
Room Rate: $91.00 plus taxes
Reservations by Phone: Call 866-378-1797 (Please reference MARAMA when making your reservation)
Hotel Reservation Deadline: January 27, 2017
Complimentary WiFi in guest rooms and meeting rooms
MARAMA SUPPORT AVAILABLE
MARAMA will offer support for the Air Director, presenters, and up to 2 additional staff members per MARAMA member agency to cover the cost of room and tax for up to 2 nights, if needed (February 21st and 22nd). Supported attendees are responsible for all incidentals and travel. For any attendee who lives within 50 miles of the course location and for whom the Air Director believes overnight support is necessary, the Air Director must request specific approval and provide justification.
If additional or alternative support is needed, pre-approval is necessary and a request must come from your agency’s Air Director (or their designee) and emailed to MARAMA’s Executive Director, Susan Wierman, as well as MARAMA’s Training Coordinators, Jackie Burkhardt and Sue Dilli (firstname.lastname@example.org), prior to the event. A list of what type of support is needed, an estimate of additional costs and the reason for the support is essential to include.