The Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC) recognizes its Engineers are a highly valued resource and play a critical role in protecting public health and the environment. For that reason, we are now providing monetary recruitment incentives to new DNREC Engineers in accordance to our Recruitment Program Policy and Procedures. NOTE: You will receive more information during the hiring process. This program is administered by the DNREC – Employment Services section. The program may be terminated by DNREC at any time with or without notice.
Engineer II – Air Quality
Agency: DNREC/Division of Air Quality – Eng. & Compliance
For more Information – click here.
This posting may be closed on or before 12/11/2022 upon filling the vacant positions.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Drafts, develops and modifies engineering designs, plans and specifications.
- Reviews permit applications, blueprints and/or designs prepared by others to ensure compliance with specifications and regulations.
- Applies the principles and theories of science and mathematics to research and develop solutions to technical problems.
- Plans and conducts field studies, surveys, research and development projects, inspections and/or investigations to collect data and ensure conformance to state/federal laws and regulations.
- Tests or evaluates materials, equipment, systems and facilities.
- Plans and coordinates engineering projects.
- Reviews, analyzes and reports on the status of projects and/or regulatory conformance.
- Develops cost estimates for project time and materials.
- Provides technical guidance and training to technical staff.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Engineer II
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical OR official notice of passing the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical administered by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES).
- At least one year experience in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical OR possession of a Masters degree or higher in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical.
Go to the Delaware Jobs Website for more information on this and other positions with DNREC.
Careers with DNREC